Passport Services for Nigerian Nationals in Austria
Nigerian Embassy Vienna
Rennweg 25, A-1030Vienna
Phone Numbers: 0900 370 123
Phone Number: 0820 901269 (General Enquiry). Calls cost 20 Euro cents per minute from a landline. Mobile costs may be more.
0900 370 123 (Visa & Consular). Calls cost 1 Euro 8 cents per minute from a landline. Mobile costs may be more.
All Visa Applicants should complete the Visa application onlineClick on APPLY NOW to apply for the visa online
Submission of Applications ONLY on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Collection ONLY on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (after 7 working days)
Express visa service: (50.00 Euro)TO ALL VISA APPLICANTS
- After completing and submitting your online visa application, you need to submit the following documents to complete your visa application at the visa section of the Nigeria Embassy Vienna.
- Your valid Passport
- Three copies of the print out of your online application form
- Three recent passport sized photograph (45mm x 35mm)
- Three copies of your online receipt printed from your email, after you have completed the online visa payment for your application
- Three copies of your Acknowledgement slip (This is the confirmation page you received immediately you click on submit application online.
- Additional administrative charges of 50 Euro to be paid at the Embassy
- All visa applicants for Tourist and Business Visa should scroll down and see additional Requirements below.
NOTICE TO ALL VISA APPLICANTS
All visa applicants are advised not to purchase their flight tickets before visas are approved.
Applicants for Entry Visas/Permits To Nigeria Are Required To Submit the Following when Applying
A. BUSINESS VISIT VISA 1. valid travel document (passport) good for at least six months
2. three clear passport size photographs
3. a duly completed form IMM/22A - see "information" link for form
4. Valid International Health Certificate against yellow fever
5. return ticket that terminates out of Nigeria
6. a letter of business invitation or relevant documents in connection with the visit
7. supply of self addressed and stamped envelope with 10 Euro Postal Service Fees (enough for registration), to expedite the return of the passport by registered post
( for visas sent by post only)
8. Letter of Introduction from Employer
B. TOURIST VISA1. As in A above
2. Invitation Letter with a photocopy of International Passport from
3. In the absence of Invitation Letter, applicants would be requested to
provide;Evidence of self support , Flight and Hotel Reservation
4. Carnet de Voyage of the vehicle to be used if travelling by motor
C. TRANSIT 1. Same as A, (1,2,3,5,7) above
2. Evidence of self support in the absence of an invitation letter
3. Evidence of admission into the country of destination beyond Nigeria.
D. FOR DIRECT TRANSIT NO VISA IS REQUIRED
E. SPECIALISED JOBS/TEMPORARY WORK PERMITS (TWP) /VISA
(such as erection/installation work, repair work, auditing of accounts, feasibility studies, research work and such other similar assignments)1. Same as A. above
2. Temporary Work Permit approval from the Director of Immigration Services, Abuja.
F. SUBJECT TO REGULARISATION VISA (STR) Credentials i.e. -
certificates relevant to the position to be occupied in Nigeria, Marriage certificate and birth certificate.
These documents have to be: 1. translated into English by a certified translator
2. the certified translation of each document has to be
(a) legalised by the Civil Court Landesgericht for City of Vienna, (Schwarzenbergplatz 11, 1010 Vienna) if resident in Austria or equivalent in home country
(b) legalised by the Austrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs Vienna (Legalisation office at Minoritenplatz 8, 1010 Vienna) if resident in Austria or equivalent in home country
(c) the Embassy will authenticate each document legalised for a fee of 200 Euro per document.
In addition to the above mentioned, these are further required: 1. Valid passport
2. Letter of Appointment/the work contract
3. Expatriate Quota Approval from Ministry of Internal Affairs Nigeria
4. Letter of request from the company sending you to or in inviting you to Nigeria
5. Four passport size photographs
6. Four duly completed forms IMM/22(different from IMM/22A) see "information link" for form
7. Valid international Health Certificate against yellow fever
8. visa fee of 550.00 for three months. The company in Nigerian will extend the visa as required in Nigeria.
A SEPARATE APPLICATION FORM IS REQUIRED TO BE FILLED FOR EACH TRAVELLER REGARDLESS OF AGE even if endorsed in passport.
RENEWAL OF PASSPORT
Proxy Passport is not renewable.
Passports can only be renewed from six months to expiration.
To renew, fill form P25 and pay a fee of 24 Euro administrative charge and 26 Euro passport charge
ENDORSEMENT OF CHILD'S NAME IN THE PASSPORT Endorsement - Not on Proxy Passports
This is only allowed in the mother's passport after payment of 15 Euro administrative charge and 30 Euro passport charge
RENUNCIATION OF NIGERIAN CITIZENSHIP Note please: No renunciation without the return of Nigerian Passport.
Surrender Nigerian passport with current visa or visa valid till Austrian citizenship obtained.
Fee 250 Euro per person regardless of age (even if endorsed in passport).
CHANGE OF MARITAL STATUS No endorsement on Proxy Passport
Copy of passport and of marriage certificate
Fee of 30 Euro passport charge and 15 Euro administrative charge
AUTHENTICATION OF DOCUMENTS All original documents to be authenticated must be first endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja.
a copy of each document to be authenticated and a fee of 25 Euro per copy of original.
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE PAID IN CASH AT THE BANK